The summer has been a very busy period for us. Over the last few months we have enjoyed supporting and serving an array of wonderful professionals, hospices and members of the general public.
In May we ran our annual Digital Legacy Conference in Berlin. It was a fantastic event and part of the European Association of Palliative Care World Congress (EAPC 2019). Speakers came from a number of different backgrounds and organisations and we feel that it was the best Digital Legacy Conference to date.
- We are looking to bring the Digital Legacy Conference to a different city next year. If you are interested in bringing the Digital Legacy Conference to your city or country either as a standalone conference or as part of a larger event please do get in touch.
- We have been campaigning, running training courses and raising awareness about digital assets planning and digital legacy safeguarding in hospices, hospitals and community venues and across the UK.
- We continue to provide insights and practical information to an array of different publications. These range from Thinking about end of life by AgeUK to The Evening Standard and the Metro Newspapers
- Our founder James Norris recently spoke about death and the internet for the BBC’s Breakfast Show, Channel 4 News and a conference organised by Marie Curie in Scotland.
- We were asked to provide a large amount of editorial for an upcoming legal publication about digital assets and digital legacy. This has now been completed and is being compiled by the editor. More details about the upcoming publication will be announced in the coming months.
- We will be collaborating with the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences in October at LowLands Festival, Amsterdam. We are developing an immersive installation that will include aspects of our annual Digital Death Survey and video footage provided by the Digital Legacy Association. The main goal of the installation is to utilise the arts to educate attendees about death, mortality and digital legacy. We will be attending the festival and would love to meet-up with those interested in our work before, during or after the event.
- We will be speaking at a number of conferences, festivals and events in the months ahead. Some of these are listed here. If you would like the Digital Legacy Association to run a workshop, training course of speak at your conference get in touch.