The Digital Legacy Association raises awareness in areas relating to digital assets and digital legacy planning. One of the ways in which we do this is by speaking at conference and events across the globe.
*Not all conferences and events that we contribute to are listed and made public.
Digital Funeral Professionals (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 29th January.
Digital legacy event exploring the needs of society and the role of the modern funeral director. Details
NHS Education for Scotland, (Glasgow, United Kingdom) 12th March
We will be running a workshop and discussing digital death and digital legacy in relation to bereavement and bereavement support.
Longevity Leaders (London, United Kingdom) 21-22 April 2020
Longevity Leaders mission is to advance innovations that will extend human health span and enable financial, physical and mental wellness in later life. Details
The New Death – Leeds international festival (Leeds, United Kingdom). 9th May
Leeds International Festival 2020 will run from April 30th- 9th May 2020, with the introduction of an overarching theme – Generation Future.
The theme aims to act as a catalyst for response and encourage applications to explore, investigate and interrogate what Generation Future means to people in their own individual ways, promoting thought, discussion and artistic interpretation. Further details TBA
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust (Truro, United Kingdom) 11th May
Training course focused on upskilling professionals in areas relating to digital assets and digital legacy.
Marie Curie West Midlands Hospice (Solihull, United Kingdom). 12th May
European Association of Palliative Care (Palermo, Sicily) 14th – 16th May
We will be presenting a poster using data from our annual digital death survey at EAPC 2020. More details to follow soon.
Memorial Woodlands Seminar: Digital Legacy (Bristol, United Kingdom) 9th June
This seminar and workshop will explore how the internet and internet enabled devices, have changed the ways in which we think and plan for death. Through discussion and groupwork, self-reflection will take place. Details
Palliative Care Day (Saint Helens, UK) 18th June
Event by invitation only.
Digital Legacy Conference 2020 (Details TBA)
The Digital Legacy Conference is an international, not for profit conference ran by the Digital Legacy Association. The conference brings together professionals, educators, patients, researchers and those with working within relevant fields in a melting pot of creativity, science and social care. The Digital Legacy Conference celebrates innovation, best practice, research and thought leadership within digital assets, digital estates and digital legacy. Details TBA
Book Launch (Oxford UK) 29th October
A new book that our founder contributed to will have it’s book launch in the evening. We will be attending and speaking at the launch about the contribution and subject matters we focused on. Further Details TBA.
HospisCare (Devon, United Kingdom) 11th November 2020
Training course for hospice and social care professionals in the Devon and Cornwall region. Further details TBA.
To learn more about our training courses click here
Previous events and courses delivered:
2019 (end of the year highlights)
Lowlands Festival (Amsterdam) 16th – 18th August
Lowlands is an annual three-day music and performing arts festival, held in the Netherlands. This year’s artists range from New Order to Jorja Smith. The Digital Legacy Association are collaborating with the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences to help make those attending the festival contemplate their own mortality and digital legacy. It will take place in the scientific field from 12pm until 5pm each day. Details
South West End of life Network (Torquay) 17th October
A version of our flagship digital assets and digital legacy workshop and training course will be ran on the south coast. This event is not open to the general public.
Hospice UK Conference (Liverpool) 20th November
We will be speaking about the work we devise and deliver at Hospice UK’s annual conference in Liverpool. Details
STEP – Digital Estates: A Deep Dive into Managing Digital Assets (London) 22nd November. Details
STEP is the worldwide professional association for practitioners dealing with family inheritance and succession planning. We will deliver a presentation titled ‘Digital Asset Estate Administration: Where Do You Begin – Email and Social Media‘.
- 6th February 2018 – NTV (Major Russian TV station link will be published in March)
- 21st February 2018 North West Association of Bereavement Coordinators, Cancer Help, Preston.
- 17th April 2018 – Association of palliative care social workers, St Gemma’s Hospice Leeds.
- 24th April 2018 – Mishcon de Reya Legal, London
- 19th June 2018 End of Life Conference, St Giles Hospice Lichfield.
- 27th September 2018 Second National Convention for Celebrants, Kettering Conference Centre (more info)
- October 2018 – Digital Legacy Conference New York.
Spring Summer speaking engagements 2017
- EOL Conference Hull (5th April) Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel, Hull
- NHS Camden (24th April) London.
- Dorothy House Hospice (2nd May) Winsley, Bradford on Avon
- Together for Short Lives, Defining moments conference – video presentation. (10th May) Birmingham.
- Byw Nawr & Dying Matters Awareness Week Conference (10th May) Swalec stadium, Cardiff
- European Association of Palliative Care Conference (18th May) Madrid
- European Association of Palliative Care Conference (19th & 20th May) *Two poster presentations. Madrid
- Association of Bereavement Service Coordinators (11-12th July) Trinity University Leeds.
- St Christopher’s Hospice (17th August), London
- Cruse Bereavement Care Conference (8th & 9th September) Staffordshire
- Hospice UK Conference (22nd November) Liverpool *Two poster presentations
Previous Conferences include
- Funeral Roadshow, St Christopher’s Hospice (20th May), London
- Welsh Assembly, Senedd (21st May. 3pm), Wrexham, Wales – Invitation only, get in touch if you can make it
- Wrexham Hospital (22nd May), Wrexham, Wales
- Digital Legacy Conference 2015 (23rd May) UCL Partners, London
- Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, Annual Learning Convention and Exhibition (28th – 30th September) North Lincolnshire
- The End of Life facilitator Network, Royal College of Nursing (14th October) London
- HospiceUK – The Art and Science of Hospice Care Conference (10th-12th November) Liverpool
- Huddle Conference, Mindshare (12th November) London
- The Art of Ritual Conference – Digital Legacy Think Tank (4th December) Brighton
- Dying Matters Awareness Week Kick-off Conference (18th January) London
- End of Life Conference Doncaster (26 April) Castle Park Rugby Club, Doncaster
- The Cremation Society of Great Britain Conference (4th, 5th, 6th July) Holiday Inn, Stratford upon Avon
- End of Life Care Learning Exchange & Good Practice (date TBC) Conwy Wales
- Digital Legacy Conference 2016 (14th May 2016)
- NHS Employers NHS Gets Social (16th May) Leeds
- Association of Palliative Care Social Workers (3rd June) London
- NHS Blood and Transplant (6th June) London
- St Francis Hospice (13th June) Berkhamsted
- Cremation and Burial Communication and Education 2016 (4th, 5th, 6th July) Stratford Upon Avon
- Institute of Civil Funerals (IoCF) Seminar and A.G.M. Day (Birmingham)
- Leeds Bereavement Forum (31st August) Leeds
- Together For Short Lives (8th September) Ipswich
- Hospice UK Conference 17th & 18th November Liverpool. Poster presentation
- Cruse Bereavement Care Wales Conference, 23rd November. Broneirion
What people think…
Big thank you to @JamesNorris from @DigitalLegacyCo for a brilliant presentation at today's forum. We should all consider our digital #egacy— Remember A Charity (@RememberCharity) June 21, 2016
For many of us, the first place we go when someone has died is #Facebook, says James Norris, founder of @DigitalLegacyCo #BigConversation— Dying Matters (@DyingMatters) January 18, 2016
I've never thought about digital legacy, very interesting @JamesNorris @nhsemployers— Aniela (@anikacz) May 16, 2016
If you would like us to speak at your conference get in touch. If you do not want us to speak at your conference but would like some information to include within your own presentation or research you may want to visit our support page.