It has been a busy start to 2017. Below are a few news items that may be of interest.
- We recently spoke on BBC Derby about planning for your digital assets and digital legacy. A recording from the show is now available on the BBC iPlayer.
- Last year we helped to develop the TalkCPR toolkit. It won an NHS Wales Award in 2016 and was recently shortlisted for both a Royal College of Physicians Award and a British Medical Journal Award.
The TalkCPR video below highlights doctors sharing their experiences of CPR and DNACPR…
- We have had two papers accepted for the European Association of Palliative Care Conference 2017 in Madrid. The first paper is titled: ‘Who Do You Think You Are? Anticipatory Digital Legacy Planning and how it can work’. The second paper is titled ‘Hashtag #DayOfTheDead- Attitudes towards death ,on the internet and social media microblogs’. The papers authors are James Norris (Digital Legacy Association) Jake Strand (Mayo Clinic) and Mark Taubert Velindre Cancer Centre (NHS Trust).
- The Digital Legacy Conference 2017 will take place in May. For the last two years it was hosted at UCL Partners and St Joseph’s respectively. It is a free conference and brings together innovators working with the digital assets and digital legacy sphere. If you are able to recommend a suitable venue, please get in touch.
Upcoming conferences and events
The Digital Legacy Association will be speaking at the following conferences
- 5th April – Pavilion Suite, Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel, Hull
- 2nd May – Dorothy house hospice
- 10th May – Together for Short Lives, Defining moments Conference (video presentation), Birmingham. Further information
- 10th May – Byw Nawr & Dying Matters Awareness Week Conference, Swalec stadium, Cardiff
- May – Digital Legacy Conference 2017 (location TBC)
- 11-12th July – Association of Bereavement Service Coordinators, Trinity University Leeds.
If you are attending any of the events or conferences above and would like to arrange a meeting feel free to get in touch.