The Digital Legacy Association will be sharing insights and areas of best practice at the NHS Grampian’s End of Life Care Network Professional Conference 2021 (postponed until 2022). This event is available for health and social professionals working within the region.
The conference will stream live on MS Teams between 0900-15:00 of on Thursday 17th March 2022.
- 09:00 Welcome – Dr Fran MacIvor, Clinical Lead/Consultant in Palliative Medicine
- 09:05 Overview of the NHS Grampian Strategy – Prof Caroline Hiscox, Chief Executive, NHS Grampian
- 09:15 Palliative and End of Life Care Framework Launch – Flora Watson, Clinical Lead/Macmillan Nurse Consultant for Palliative & End of Life Care
- 09:20 10 minute snapshots
– Care Homes – Shona Omand-Smith
– GP Perspective – Dr Ben Crockett
– OOHs review in Moray and Shire – Ali McGruther
– Aberdeen City Project – Dr Elspeth Aspinall
– Acute Overview – Donna Ewan
– Roxburghe Day Unit – Lee Gorvett
- 10:30 Comfort Break
- 10:40 Digital legacy safeguarding and the normalisation of grieving online – James Norris, Founder and European Lead, Digital Legacy Association & MyWishes
- 11:20 Breakout Session 1
– Helping Children and Young People with their grief pre and post death
– Management of Ascites in Advanced Disease
– Care After Death Policy (for hospital settings)
– Community Pharmacy Palliative Care Network Training (Pharmacy Colleagues only)
- 12:00 Lunch
12:30 Clinical Snapshots
– Pain Control – The basics – Dr Kirsty Thorpe
– Anticipatory and JIC meds – a practical approach – Alistair Duncan
- 13:10 Breakout Session 2
- – Management of Breathlessness
- – Bowel Obstructionn – What can we do when surgery is not possible?
- – Palliative Oncology update
- 13:50 Using RED-MAP to guide ACP conversations in clinical practice and teaching – Dr Kirsty Boyd, Macmillan Reader in Palliative Care, University of Edinburgh
- 14:20 Palliative Care & Social Media – Tony Duffy, Speciality Doctor in Palliative Medicine
- 14:50 Closing Remarks/End
Follow NHS Grampian on Twitter: @NHSG_MCN. The hashtag for the event is #NHSGPalliative.
Digital Assets and Digital Legacy Training
To learn how the Digital Legacy Association can assist and improve your charity or organisation’s practice in areas relating to digital assets planning and digital legacy safeguarding, click on the relevant training page below: